Playing a critical role in stopping the spread of COVID-19 is necessary to avoid infection and sickness. Since the virus efficiently transmits from one person to another, few techniques and measures should be adopted to keep it safe.
Prevention from COVID-19 requires a few key steps. The most important ones are given below.
- Stay indoors to keep safe from infection and direct exposure to infected people.
- Try to order food and grocery home using any delivery service rather than going out on your own.
- Stay at a distance from people.
Steps to keep your home safe
If you are out and visiting your home after some time, the following are the steps that you should follow.
- Keep your shoes out of the sitting or living area of the house. Generally, try to leave them outside of the house, but you can also designate a specific space for them in the house.
- After touching anything, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Also, try to use alcoholic sanitizers if soap and water are not available.
- Disinfect the outside items that you bring to the house with disinfectants, cleaners, and sanitizers. These items can be a mobile phone, grocery bags, etc.
- Disinfect certain areas of the homes, such as doorknobs, switches, keyboards, etc., and other things you touch frequently.
How to prevent the infection at home?
If there is some person exposed to COVID-19, specific steps can be taken in quarantine.
- Try to keep a distance from other people in the house by quarantining in a separate room.
- Designate a separate bathroom for yourself.
- Don’t allow any visits to your house.
- Don’t share everyday household products, e.g., plates, glasses, spoons, etc.
- Frequently check the health of other people in the house.